Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Technical Publications
Alberta Transportation has posted a Technical Publication that relate to activities in the oil and gas industry.
To view, visit transportation.alberta.ca/Content/docType272/Production/oilpatch.pdf
You can also call the Alberta Transportation Coordination and Information Centre at 1.800.272.9600.
Permits for Equivalent Level of Safety
PSAC has four different types of permits – two issued by Alberta Infrastructure and Transportation, and two issued by Transport Canada, covering the transportation of various types of dangerous goods.
The permits are available to PSAC members only. These permits exempt the holder from some of the requirements for documentation under Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations. The following are the permit types:
- 2015 0645 Permit for the transportation of service and drilling rig equipment and supplies. Also covers the transportation of empty site storage tanks, empty separator tanks, empty “rig” tanks, empty “mud” tanks, empty equipment related vessels and empty pressure vessels. Permit valid only in Alberta.
- 2015 3389 Permit for the road transportation of drilling and service rigs. Permit valid only in Alberta.
- SH 6543 Permit for the transportation, by road vehicle, of dangerous goods that are Class 3 and Class 8, Packaging Group II or III in means of containment that do not comply with Part 5 of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- SH 10881 Permit for the transportation of bromine tri-fluoride
- SH 11775 – for the transportation of dangerous goods that are Class 1, Explosives, jet perforating guns and initiation systems
For more information, please contact Patrick Delaney, Vice President, Health and Safety at 403.781.7384 or email@example.com.