Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
Federal Equivalency Certificates
PSAC has four different types of Equivalency Certificates issued by Transport Canada, covering the transportation of various types of dangerous goods.
The Certificates are available to PSAC members only, and exempt the holder from some of the requirements for documentation under Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations. The following are the Certificates types:
- SH 10881 – for the transportation of bromine tri-fluoride
- SH 11775 – for the transportation of dangerous goods that are Class 1, Explosives, jet perforating guns and initiation systems
- SU 12905 – Equivalency Certificate for the transportation, by road vehicle, of dangerous goods included in Class 3, Packing Group I, II, or Packing Group III in a manner that does not comply with part 5 (Means of Containment) of the TDG Regulations.
- SU 12967 – Equivalency Certificate for the transportation, by road vehicle, of dangerous goods used in oilfield operations in a manner that does not comply with:
- Part 3 of the TDG Regulations
- Part 4 of the TDG Regulations
- subparagraphs 5.10(1)(a)(i) and 5.10(1)(d)(i) of the TDG Regulations, but only as it relates to clause 8.1.7 of CGSB-43.123
- subsection 5.12(1) of the TDG Regulations
For more information, please contact Andrea Hardie, Director, Health and Safety at 403.781.7384 or email@example.com.