Benefits of Membership
Core-Group Membership – Join Today
Core-Group Membership is open to companies that derive their revenue from providing services, supplies or manufacturing to the upstream sector of Canada’s oil and gas industry. Core-Group Member companies with operations in Alberta must also hold, or be actively working towards, a Certificate of Recognition (COR), awarded from Alberta Workplace Health & Safety and its Certifying Partners. View the Core Member Benefits’ Brochure.
For more information on the Certificate of Recognition (COR) program, please visit the Energy Safety Canada website.
Core-Group Membership is divided into two categories (click on the headings below to view the category descriptions and benefits in more detail):
- Core Members are companies whose business during the preceding accounting year was at least fifty percent by dollar sales volume that of a service, supply or manufacturing company providing or selling services, supplies or manufactured goods to the upstream petroleum industry in Canada.
- Associate Core Members are companies whose business during the preceding accounting year was between ten and forty-nine percent by dollar sales volume that of a service, supply or manufacturing company providing or selling services, supplies or manufactured goods to the upstream petroleum industry in Canada. Associate Core Members are not eligible to sit on the PSAC Board of Directors.
For more than three decades, PSAC has provided a unified voice for our petroleum service, supply and manufacturing members. Today, our focus remains on the four key functions that benefit our members most: advocacy, knowledge, communication and leadership.
- Save time, effort and money through PSAC’s proactive and targeted lobbying efforts to resolve member issues with oil and gas producers, and with local, provincial and federal government agencies and departments.
- Raise your issues and concerns for PSAC to discuss with government agencies and industry associations, including the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER), provincial government departments, Natural Resources Canada, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP), Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors (CAODC), Workers’ Compensation Boards and Energy Safety Canada, among others.
- Stay up to date on regulatory changes by participating in PSAC seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Access important data with members-only preferred rates for top-quality market analysis and research documents, including the Canadian Oilfield Services Activity Forecast, Well Cost Study, Total Compensation Survey and more.
- Reduce your professional development costs with members-only preferred pricing for well-recognized PSAC events, including the annual Oilfield Services Activity Forecast Session, Industry Insights, and more.
- Stay connected to your industry by discussing current issues with representatives from other member companies at committee meetings and industry events.
- Make economic use of up-to-date information, insight and opportunities in the industry, through PSAC’s topical communications vehicles including the bi-weekly FAST-Line e-newsletter, PSAC Alerts and regularly-updated website psac.ca.
- Promote your company cost-effectively through targeted sponsorship and advertising opportunities in PSAC’s print and online communications, and at PSAC seminars, luncheons, conferences and events.
- Increase your leadership profile through active participation on PSAC’s progressive committees.
- Step to the forefront of your industry by aligning your company with other PSAC members, all leaders in the petroleum service, supply and manufacturing sector.
- Join the leading industry safety initiative with a Certificate of Recognition (COR), a requirement for all PSAC Core-Group members.
- Demonstrate your commitment to local communities through mandatory enrolment in Community Partners, the industry-wide, in-the-field program that fosters courteous behaviour in areas of oil and gas activity.
Affiliate Membership – Join Today
Affiliate Membership is open to any company not qualifying for Core-Group Membership, but holding an interest in the Canadian petroleum industry, including financial and investment institutions, accounting and law firms, oil and gas producers, consultants, media and other industry suppliers.
Affiliate Membership is divided into the following categories (click on the headings below to view the category descriptions and benefits in more detail):
- Introductory: This category is for oil and gas service, supply and manufacturing (SSM) companies, established in Canada, that have a portion of their operations serving the upstream oil and gas industry in Canada but that may or may not yet have their COR / SECOR or PSAC Board of Directors-approved alternate program and who would like to learn more about the activities of the Association before becoming Core or Associate Core Members. Note: This membership category is available only to companies which have NEVER held PSAC Membership at any level.
- Alternative Energy: This category is for Canadian energy service, supply and manufacturing (SSM) companies whose business is primarily in a non-petroleum segment of the energy production industry in Canada, and that are interested in collaborating with the Association and Core Group Members to provide and ensure responsible energy development and security in Canada. Companies which qualify as Alternative Energy Members do not qualify for membership at other Core Group Membership levels.
- Business Partner: This category is open to organizations and companies with a commercial interest in the oil and gas industry but that do not qualify for Core Group membership.
- Government, Municipal, Academic: This category is open to governments and organizations which have no commercial interest in the oil and gas industry but have an interest in the sector and the information and data it can provide including, but not limited to, PSAC’s Canadian Oilfield Services Activity Forecast.
- Association: This category is open to Associations representing a segment of the oil and gas industry that would like to share information, collaborate on issues and initiatives for mutual benefit and / or reciprocate on membership and / or member pricing.
- International: This category is open to organizations with no Canadian office / Canadian operations but that have a commercial interest in the oil and gas industry.
Affiliate Members receive a range of Association benefits, including:
- Current information and insight on issues important to petroleum service, supply and manufacturing industry members, through PSAC’s topical communications vehicles, including bi-weekly FAST-Line e-newsletter and other publications.
- Access to PSAC’s core members through sponsorship and advertising opportunities in print and online communications, and at seminars, luncheons, conferences and special events.
- Members-only preferred rates for top-quality market analysis and research documents, including the annual Canadian Oilfield Services Activity Forecast and Well Cost Study, and for participation in PSAC events.
- Individual company promotion in PSAC’s online Membership Directory.