Driver Training

The following courses are available through Enform:

For a complete list of courses, visit Enform at

Hours of Service Standard 

An Application Guide for the Hours of Service Standard has been published by the Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators (CCMTA). To view and download the guide, follow this link:

Alberta Transportation has provided a list of organizations in Alberta that have informed the department that they offer an Hours of Service training course that can be viewed,
by following this link:

Special HoS permits for oilwell service vehicles are available through Alberta Transportation.

For more information, please contact Patrick Delaney, Vice President, Health and Safety at 403.781.7384 or


Club Root and Other Agricultural Pests and Weeds

Members operating in rural Alberta are asked to ensure that they take precautions to help prevent the spread of club root and other agricultural pests and weeds when working in rural areas.  Agricultural pests and weeds can be spread when moving  vehicles and equipment from infected areas. More information can be found at:

Cargo Securement Best Practice

PSAC and the Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors (CAODC) have developed a Best Practice for the transportation of equipment used in the oil and gas industry and compliance with the North American Cargo Securement Standard. The Best Practice deals with issues related to the transportation of: production equipment, coil tubing equipment, vacuum trucks, drilling and service rig tubulars, drilling rigs, and tubular products. To view and download the Best Practice, visit the Members’ Area of the PSAC website at For non-members, the price is $75.00 + applicable taxes. Please contact for more information.

Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Technical Publications

Alberta Transportation has posted a Technical Publication that relate to activities in the oil and gas industry.

To view, visit

You can also call the Alberta Transportation Coordination and Information Centre at 1.800.272.9600.

Transportation of Dangerous Goods – Permits for Equivalent Level of Safety

PSAC has three different types of permits – two issued by Alberta Infrastructure and Transportation, and one issued by Transport Canada, covering the transportation of various types of dangerous goods.

The permits are available to PSAC members only. These permits exempt the holder from some of the requirements for documentation under Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations. The following are the permit types: 

Alberta Transportation

Transport Canada

For more information, please contact Patrick Delaney, Vice President, Health and Safety at 403.781.7384 or

BC Transportation Link