The purpose of this guideline is to:
• Clarify roles and responsibilities for lighting on leases
• Assist operators and contractors with determining minimum lighting requirements for work activities on the lease
• Improve the safety and security of people and property on lease sites by increasing the attention paid to outdoor lighting
The Guideline was developed by industry for industry and focuses on outdoor lighting requirements for:
• Mobilization and demobilization of drilling equipment on a lease site
• Ancillary drilling activities
• Any lease site servicing operations (e.g., snubbing, cement pumping, well testing, stimulation, coiled tubing operations, wireline, etc.)
It is not intended to address the lighting requirements for activities that occur on the rig floor or in indoor structures or shacks. It also does not include activities related to road and lease construction or reclamation. The document assumes that lighting is only required in areas where operational activities and the movement of people and/or equipment take place during the hours of darkness.
To view the Guideline, click here.