Health & Safety: Employers Responsibilities
An employer must:
- Take every reasonable precaution to ensure the workplace is safe
- Train employees about any potential hazards and in how to safely use, handle, store and dispose of hazardous substances and how to handle emergencies
- Supply personal protective equipment and ensure workers know how to use the equipment safely and properly
- Immediately report all critical injuries to the government department responsible for OH&S
- Appoint a competent supervisor who sets the standards for performance, and who ensures safe working conditions are always observed.